GSoC 2017 Application - Interval Package

From: Urathai
Subject: GSoC 2017 Application - Interval Package
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 02:09:56 -0700 (PDT)

Hi!

I'm interested in GSoC for this year, more specifically I'm interested
in improving the interval package. I have filled in my application and
would really appreciate any feedback.

As I mention in the application I'm not sure about which project, on the
interval package, that I want to work on. Any comments on which one
might be the most important or appropriate one would be great. One idea,
as I also mention in the application, I have is to implement a package
for Taylor arithmetic in Octave. I think this would be of great use for
the interval package as well as Octave in general. Though I am not sure
if it is a good idea to start a whole new package for GSoC and I'm not
sure I could find a mentor for that. If you would be interested in this
please let me know.

Application link: http://wiki.octave.org/User:Urathai

Best regards,

Joel Dahne