Re: GSoC 2017 - Implement boolean operations on polygons

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: GSoC 2017 - Implement boolean operations on polygons
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2017 15:26:14 +0200

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 8:26 AM, piyushjain <address@hidden> wrote:
> Sir,
> Can you tell me what should I keep studying or learning meanwhile, to
> contribute optimally to this project?
>

> --

Hi,

We are reviewing your proposal.
I think that you have to consider that your job will be to integrate
at least one other library for polygon clipping (Philip added Clipper
already).

- The priority number 1 would be to clean up the Boost one done by Amir
https://bitbucket.org/amr_keleg/octave-geometry

we would like to have all those functions and tests in geometry.

- Second option is to make clipper oct based instead of mex, but this
is not so high priority.

- Third option is to look at the public domain code that John found
[1] and clean it up to recover the core algorithms and make an oct
file to use it in octave.

[1]: http://www4.ujaen.es/~fmartin/bool_op.html