Re: buildbot test failures

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: buildbot test failures
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2017 09:51:28 -0500

On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 8:58 AM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:

If the test passes with one level of optimization but not another, are we doing something wrong or is this a compiler/linker bug?

​I guess it is compiler bug -- it was working fine on my machine at first, but after some updates it runs into this problem.
I also tried gcc 7.0.1 and the bug is still there.   ​But it could be some obscure HDF5 lib bug or octave bug that get exposed by
high level of optimization. I tried to debug it a little, but I did not get too far (yet). I can tell that both reads and writes of large (sign)
integers are broken. (I.e. octave w/ bug does not read correctly HDF5 written by octave w/o bug). If it is a compiler bug it is kind of
strange that this is the only thing affected -- I am actually using this version of octave for my "everyday stuff" hoping to see if I hit
some other problem, but so far everything looks fine.

jwe

​Dmitri.