Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] Homepage URL of Forge packages seems to have chan

From: Olaf Till
Subject: Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] Homepage URL of Forge packages seems to have changed
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2017 13:29:47 +0200

On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 11:45:00AM +0200, Julien Bect wrote:
> Le 12/06/2017 à 11:22, Sébastien Villemot a écrit :
> >Hi all,
> >
> >I just realized that for most if not all of our Forge packages, the URL
> >in the Homepage field of debian/control is no longer valid.
> >
> >Apparently it is because a trailing slash is now required. For example,
> >currently for octave-optim we have…
> >
> >Homepage: http://octave.sourceforge.net/optim
> >
> >…which no longer works (404 error).
> >
> >However, it works if one adds a trailing slash (http://octave.sourcefor
> >ge.io/optim/). By the way, one is automatically redirected to a secure
> >URL.
> >
> >I am not familiar enough with the Forge website, so I don't know if
> >this should be considered as a bug to be fixed on that side, or if we
> >should update all our packages. Any opinion by people more familiar
> >with the topic?
>
> Hello Sébastien,
>
> I have no idea, but I am CC'ing the OF admins.

I've put all package html directories from top level to a common
subdirectory "packages/" today, to cleanup the top level
directory. The internal redirections worked at my local machine, I
didn't realize this issue at the sourceforge machine.

It seems logical that apaches mod_dir can't add a trailing slash for
directories that don't exist before re-writing them. But on my local
machine adding the trailing slash worked anyway, I don't know how.

My first attempts to fix this in .htaccess had no success. I'll need a
bit time. Do you think I'll have to revert the change as long as I've
not fixed it? It would make testing inconvenient.

Olaf