Re: special functions reorganization in Octave

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: special functions reorganization in Octave
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 15:59:42 -0500

On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 1:59 PM, Rik <address@hidden> wrote:

There is a big ongoing re-organization of the Octave code base to base it squarely on C++11.  This will be excellent for future maintainability and accuracy, but will create hiccups in the meantime as the code base is undergoing a lot of change.  In particular, make sure you issue Mercurial pulls frequently from the main repository.  In the last two days I have delegated basic special functions, like erf or gamma, to the C++ std library.  I also alphabetized the header and C++ files for lo-specfun because they were so complicated and alphabetical order seemed to be the lowest common organizing principle.

​Many special function will become available in C++17 standard (gcc7):

http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/numeric/special_math

but already available in std:tr1 namespace (<tr1/cmath) in say gcc 4.8.5 (this is the oldest gcc I have available).
Could we use some configure magic to use them or stick with amos?

​Dmitri.