Re: [GSoC interval] Re: Update and questions regarding vecorization

From: Oliver Heimlich
Subject: Re: [GSoC interval] Re: Update and questions regarding vecorization
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2017 00:04:18 +0200

On 04.07.2017 22:06, Oliver Heimlich wrote:
> On 27.06.2017 10:42, Joel Dahne wrote:
>> Oliver Heimlich writes:
>>> P. S. I didn't finish unit tests for vectorization yet.
>> At the moment my work does not depend on it so there is no hurry. I read
>> you issue on GitHub and I think looks very good!
>
> I have almost finished my work on the testing framework.  There is some
> cleanup required with how the framework handles array constructors in
> various supported languages before I can push the change.

I have pushed the new changesets to the ITF1788 and the octave-interval
repositories.  Make sure that you run “make clean” after you have
updated your workspace with these changes to also update your ITF1788
workspace.

The tests can be run with “make test-bist” (it's not yet possible to
properly use “test @infsup/plus” after “make run” or “make
install”—though you can use it after “make dist” + “pkg install …”).

So far, I have only started to integrate the new test format for the
plus function [1].  There is a loop which calls the function on scalar
inputs (for all test cases), which is equivalent to the old generated
tests in test/*.tst.

Also, I have demonstrated how to do a vector evaluation of the function,
where all test cases are given as column vectors in a single function call.

You can probably reshape the testcases easily to test for proper
element-wise ND array evaluation.  Also, you may add this new kind of
tests to other methods, the test data contains test cases for various
functions.  I will not continue to work on that task myself during GSoC
to prevent merge conflicts.

Oliver

[1]
https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/interval/ci/2eaf1a499291865f051cca883bbca5eb017038b5/tree/inst/%40infsup/plus.m?diff=1b8686048dae314217bb1b4aa40c8e9fe4c261af