Re: About special functions reogranization

From: Robert T. Short
Subject: Re: About special functions reogranization
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2017 08:23:04 -0700

On 07/19/2017 08:14 AM, Nicholas Jankowski wrote:
On Jul 19, 2017 10:28 AM, "Robert T. Short"

Just FYI, attached is a list of MATLAB special functions and the arguments and parameters that they take.  It is possible that there is an error in the table, but I took some time to put this together so there shouldn't be many errors.

Bob

Nice list. Matlab recently changed how some of their functions handle NaN and empty inputs (scalar and n-dimensional for both). It would be worth checking on the input/output of those for compatibility.

I will look at it.  Thanks.  I have 2017.1 available and we should have .2 soon.  This list was done with 2014.

BTW, I agree that correctness is more important than performance.  I have been looking at algorithms for Marcum Q functions are related.  There are methods that purport to be extremely accurate but sloooooow, so you can take this to extreme.  Tests are also critical.

Bob