Re: [octave forge] new external package

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: [octave forge] new external package
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2017 18:53:05 +0200

> As I understand it, if you add something to the original files, you
> deviate from your stated strategy to keep two-way-synchronized with
> the original package of the creator. Maybe you can keep it
> one-way-synchronized, generating your repository from the original by
> scripts. If you do this, it could be worth considering (for the
> future) to let the scripts also generate more Octave-like files.

Yes, this will be the case. I have to do this anyways to add demos, so
maybe I can start with the license.
We already have a perl script by Carne to add licenses automatically
so I will use it.

> It's possibly not strictly necessary, but have you contacted the
> original author?

Yes, I am in contact with him. He doesn't want to add the headers
because the package grows unnecessarily (in his opinion)

Thanks