GSoC 2018

From: Andrei George Turcu
Subject: GSoC 2018
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2017 22:51:20 +0200

Hello.

I would like to know if I could be of help in the upcoming GSoC projects.
I am currently studying Computer Science - second year - and i have used Octave for my Numerical Methods class in the second half of my first year. I thought it was a really good alternative to Matab; Octave is one of the very few open source scientific computing software.

I liked math and I was good at math since I was little and I think that helping a software like Octave grow might be a nice experience.

I am good at C/C++ and Java but I don't have any experience with Mercurial - but I am willing to learn.

Please let me know if you think that I am suitable for the tasks.

I'm guessing more information will flow on the IRC channel, but I wanted to mail you first.

Thank you for your time!