Re: bioinfo package - maintenance of ...

From: Alois Schloegl
Subject: Re: bioinfo package - maintenance of ...
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2018 23:28:06 +0100

The answer took me some time, for two reasons: (1) I was speechless how
Olaf was framing the situation, and (2) I had the flu und had to stay in
bed.

I did not ask for a vote, it was Olaf who saw a need for a vote.
Concerning his question, I'm not sure if I understand it; or what this
vote will be about; or what the difference would be if the outcome of
the vote is yes or no. So I can not answer his question(s).

This is an utterly frustrating and discouraging situation for me. In
order to overcome that situation, I've applied the motto of 34C3 "tuwat"
[1], I've decided to fork bioinfo. fast-export was used to convert the
repository in order to maintain its history. The new repository is
available at

     https://github.com/schloegl/octmat-bioinfo

This repo will be maintained under a coding style that is compatible to
Octave AND Matlab. Both, Octave and Matlab, are target platforms. If the
code does not run correctly on one or both of the target platforms, it
is considered a bug. Contributions are welcome.

Cheers,
  Alois

[1] https://media.ccc.de/v/34c3-9293-abschluss