maintaining some packages at core Octave (was: Re: OctConf 2018, second

From: Olaf Till
Subject: maintaining some packages at core Octave (was: Re: OctConf 2018, second day -- a lot of discussions and some work done)
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 08:34:34 +0100

Having thought a bit more about this, it makes me uneasy...

I think with such a change we'd need to reconsider the policy of
Octave Forge: Currently, the 'community' group of packages is meant
for coordinating development with Octave, at least potentially. The
proposed change would mean that Octave developers prefer a
coordination in a different way.

And I've got the feeling that it may be de-motivating for Octave Forge
maintainers to know that they could be left out of the business at any
moment by a shift of maintanance of their package to Octave core...

Olaf