Re: Help trying to merge my changes to current default

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Help trying to merge my changes to current default
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 11:48:03 -0400

On 03/20/2018 11:19 AM, Juan Pablo Carbajal wrote:

Since rebase is an extension (I am not confident), I might go for the
re-cloning. Is there an objection to that?

If you don't see how to rebase, or don't want to use that extension, then I'd recommend first exporting all your changesets to individual files, then using import to add them back in to a clean repo, importing them from oldest to newest. Then you can get them all in a linear series of commits at the head of the new repo. If there are conflicts, you can deal with them individually. This is essentially what you would be doing with rebase, but you'd be doing it manually, one changeset at a time.