Re: HTTP Error 500 problem with pushing to octave-forge mercurial repo

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: HTTP Error 500 problem with pushing to octave-forge mercurial repo
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2018 00:42:17 -0700

On Sat, Apr 14, 2018 at 00:26:04 -0700, PhilipNienhuis wrote:
> PhilipNienhuis wrote
> > Since a timed-out push action last Tuesday, while Sourceforge was
> > exceptionally slow, I cannot push anymore to the octave-forge io repo; I
> > consistently get:
> >
> > abort: HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error
> >
> > Re-cloning the io repo, importing the csets and trying again didn't help.
> > Again re-cloning and trying to push a tiny change (just a copyright year
> > update) => same error.
> >
> > Anyone else having similar issues?
>
> I just tried pushing a minor fix to the mapping package repo and that works
> fine.
> So it looks like the io package repo on the server side has an issue.

So do you always push over HTTPS, not SSH?

My hg URL for SourceForge is typically

  ssh://address@hidden/p/octave/REPONAME

You might try both SSH and HTTPS and see which works better for you.

I find SourceForge unbelievelably slow and unreliable these days, but
sporadically, and I don't think I've ever seen a HTTP 500 on a push or a
pull.

--
mike