Re: Remaining must-fix bugs for 4.4

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Remaining must-fix bugs for 4.4
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2018 09:52:42 -0500

On 04/27/2018 09:19 AM, Sebastian Schöps wrote:
Hi,

I would like to recommend to fix the issue with the gui doc browser if
Octave is compiled without docs, see

http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Could-not-copy-help-collection-to-temporary-file-tt4687432.html
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?53006#comment115

I checked in the following changeset

  http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/ebe32e8062ab

so that the Qt help files will be installed if they are available, even if Octave was configured with --disable-docs or if the tools to build those files were not available. This should help for anyone who builds from a tarball distribution file because they will include the Qt help files already built and ready to install. It won't help for anyone who builds from the hg sources. But if you are doing that, then my position is still that you are a developer and you need to have the tools installed if you want things to work properly.