Re: Aw: Re: BuildBots no longer run make check?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Aw: Re: BuildBots no longer run make check?
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2018 15:24:31 -0400

On 06/04/2018 02:36 PM, "Markus Mützel" wrote:
I disabled the test build step when I began the transition to buildbot
1.x because I didn't know how to update the rules on the master. I
looked at it again today and now we should be running tests again.

Thanks.

But
something is not quite the same and the filter that looks at the output
of the build steps is displaying the test step as failed when it should
be a success. So far, I just forced one build for testing:

http://buildbot.octave.org:8011/#/builders/7[http://buildbot.octave.org:8011/#/builders/7]

The summary of the test step is

PASS 14463
FAIL 0
XFAIL (reported bug) 32
SKIP (missing feature) 616
SKIP (run-time condition) 12

Is there some way to access this summary from the web interface? That way
it would be possible to manually check quickly whether everything is still
working as expected. Even when the overall test is (erroneously) flagged
as failed.

Yes.  Following the link

  http://buildbot.octave.org:8011/#/builders/7

select the latest build, look at the test step, then you can download the log file or select the link to view all 7481 lines in your browser.

I can also put the hg archive of the configuration files on the web to make it easier for others to help with managing the buildbots, but first I have to figure out how best to store some private info that is currently embedded in the master config file.