Re: build failure on macOS using homebrew

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: build failure on macOS using homebrew
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2018 21:38:32 -0700

On Jun 23, 2018, at 2:16 PM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:

On Jun 23, 2018, at 10:15 AM, AndrewJanke <address@hidden> wrote:

The short rev number (i.e. 25474) isn’t the same for everyone. Do you mean
the one below?

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/e255f09dc70e
&lt;http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/e255f09dc70e&gt;

If that is not the changeset you are referring to, please  provide a link
to the correct one.

Oops! Sorry, didn't know that about the revisions.

No, I mean this revision:
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/245de4f12ca3

Cheers,
Andrew

Ok. Thanks.

I backed out that changeset and two more.

patch -p1 -R < ../b3c68525ed82.patch
patch -p1 -R < ../245de4f12ca3.patch
patch -p1 -R < ../fa66d81d0956.patch

I’m now able to build.

John,

I apologize that I didn’t get to this when these changes were fresh. Do you have any insight into why these changes produce the result below on macOS?

make[2]: *** No rule to make target `-L/usr/local/opt/freetype/lib', needed by `libinterp/dldfcn/__delaunayn__.la'.  Stop.

Ben

Oppps. The b3c68525ed82 shouldn’t have been included.

Ben