Re: Status of Octave in Windows 10

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Status of Octave in Windows 10
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2018 14:06:44 -0400

On Thu, Jul 26, 2018, 13:37 Ian McCallion <address@hidden> wrote:
There is one glaring windows 10-specific problem that annoys me 10 times a day:

Fix that and I agree the warning is pointless.

Good point. I'm using Octave 4.4.0 on Win10 v1703 so can't recreate the bug. I'm assuming nothing has been changed to the console on windows versions for the 4.4.1 release candidate?

Is everyone else in agreement that this is a critical item that warrants keeping the warning? should octave on Mac have a similar warning or is everything fine there? is there a more useful/informative message that it can be changed to before the final 4.4.1 push?