Re: Using msys2 for mxe-octave

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Using msys2 for mxe-octave
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2018 17:22:07 -0400

On 08/13/2018 04:59 PM, JohnD wrote:

Currently, it does not attempt to build from source

OK.

I am not sure if it can without some Cygwin stuff, but would be something to
look at.

Yeah, I couldn't see an easy way to make that happen for msys either, which is why it was never done.

It also currently doesn’t grab the sources, which is really just a matter of
adding additional source rules like was done for msys.
Does it have to package the sources ?
They are available from
https://sourceforge.net/projects/msys2/files/REPOS/MSYS2/Sources/

We don't have to include them in the binaries that we distribute, but I need an easy way to download them so I can distribute them alongside the binaries.