Re: [OF geometry] un-syncable with upstreeam

From: Julien Bect
Subject: Re: [OF geometry] un-syncable with upstreeam
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2018 14:30:57 +0200

Le 14/08/2018 à 00:00, Juan Pablo Carbajal a écrit :
Hi Phillip, Of leaders, and maintainers,

I was trying to release geometry today. It is impossible! (well very hard).
The problem is that from the beginning I made the mistake of trying to
convert the package to Octave and Of standards... wrong!

So I am inclined to:
1. Reduce the current geometry package to contain only our extensions to matgeom
2. Put 3rd party geometry code into matgeom package (which will just
package what comes from matgeom developers)
3. mapping will have to depend on geometry, which in turns depends on matgeom

Now the BIG issue with this:
The reason I tried to convert matgeom to octave standard was to be
able to include the package in OF. This is currently a nightmare!
So by making an Octave package matgeom that can be easily synched with
upstream, I will have to abandon Octave and OF standards and matgeom
wont be hosted in OF anymore cause it will be not compliant.

Hi,

What are the "Octave and OF standards" that you are trying to comply with, and that are causing you troubles ?

Perhaps would it be feasible to have a set of scripts and/or a stack of patches (manages, e.g, with quilt) that perform the conversion automatically ?

@++
Julien