Re: Advice on Mercurial history search

From: Rik
Subject: Re: Advice on Mercurial history search
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2018 09:22:16 -0700

On 09/25/2018 09:00 AM, address@hidden wrote:
Subject:
Advices on Mercurial history search
From:
Pantxo Diribarne <address@hidden>
Date:
09/25/2018 08:40 AM
To:
Octave Maintainers List <address@hidden>
Message:
1

Hi,

I have recently submitted a patch in which I removed a piece code that prevents "drawnow" from being executed recursively. I realize that this piece of code may have been here for some good reason and I would like to know when it was added, by who and why.

Now comes the precise question: is there any magic "hg log XXX" call that would let me find the specific changeset in which current lines N to N+M  were added to graphics.cc?

Thanks in advance,

I have a solution that I sometimes use, but it isn't always foolproof so if someone has a better way I would ALSO like to know.

I use "hg blame"

cd libinterp/corefcn
hg blame graphics.cc > blame.log
edit blame.log
find line with the code you are interested in.  The last changeset which touched this line will be in the column on the far left
hg log -r CSET_#

--Rik