Re: [OF geometry] un-syncable with upstreeam

From: Julien Bect
Subject: Re: [OF geometry] un-syncable with upstreeam
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2018 09:46:37 +0200

Le 28/09/2018 à 01:12, Juan Pablo Carbajal a écrit :
Hi all again.

Upstream matgeom has accepted my scripts to package to octave[1] and
they will host the files in their wiki[2].
The geometry package has been striped in the dev branch.

The only part missing for the next release is to decide whether
geometry should also install matgeom or not.
It would be easy to package the octave package matgeom inside the
geometry package and then add a line to install it when geometry is
installed. Is this recommended? (I understood that some packages are
already doing this)
Should I just give enough information for people to download or build
the matgeom package by themselves? can I trigger such info when "pkg
install -forge geometry" fails to install due to missing matgeom?

Regards,

[1]: https://github.com/mattools/matGeom/pull/63
[2]: http://matgeom.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/MatGeom

Hi JPi,

Why not host the octave package on OF as an external package ?

You would simply have a mercurial repo that is updated before each release with the result of your script (using, e.g., "hg addremove").

This would make it possible for users to install matgeom using "pkg install -forge" as any other OF package.

?

@++
Julien