Documentation of xtest features

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: Documentation of xtest features
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2018 00:33:47 +0200

Regarding Octave's test feature to add a bug number in assert statements and alike (xtests), where is this properly documented?  Neither in this mailing-list, manual [1], nor the wiki [2] I can find an explanation of the best practices or the feature in general.  An example:

   %!assert <*44334> (isequal (st, st))
   %!assert <44498> (not (isscalar (st)))

To my knowledge, the number makes it an XFail, and the asterisk marks the bug as fixed, and makes it a regression in case of an failure.

Thanks for any pointer.
Kai

[1] https://octave.org/doc/interpreter/Test-Functions.html
[2] https://wiki.octave.org/Tests