Re: build fails on macOS

From: Rik
Subject: Re: build fails on macOS
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2018 19:17:04 -0700

On 10/26/2018 05:46 PM, address@hidden wrote:
Re: build fails on macOS
From:
Ben Abbott <address@hidden>
Date:
10/26/2018 05:45 PM
To:
John Eaton <address@hidden>
CC:
Ben Abbott <address@hidden>, Octave Maintainers <address@hidden>, Sebastian Schöps <address@hidden>

I now see a new problem when building docs.

doc/interpreter/plot.texi:6980: @ref reference to nonexistent node `XREFopenfig' (possibly involving @seealso)
make[2]: *** [doc/interpreter/octave.info] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Temporary problem.  Guillaume added a new function savefig which had openfig in the seealso list, but openfig doesn't yet exist in Octave.  I just fixed the documentation in this changeset to remove openfig (https://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/29eb60bd2e81).

I’m also seeing a new problem with sundials during configure.

onfigure: WARNING: SUNDIALS NVECTOR serial library not found.  Solvers ode15i and ode15s will be disabled.
configure: WARNING: SUNDIALS IDA library not found.  Solvers ode15i and ode15s will be disabled.

Do you have those libraries installed?  I'm running on Linux, but don't bother to install them so I get this message all the time.  If you need those two particular solvers then you will need to install the libraries.  Otherwise, just carry on with life.

--Rik