Re: more help with legend

From: Markus Mützel
Subject: Re: more help with legend
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2018 14:35:09 +0100

> Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2018 15:05:25 -0800
> From: Rik <address@hidden>
> To: Octave-Maintainers <address@hidden>
> Subject: more help with legend
>
> Can someone try the following to test whether numeric arguments are
> accepted for position?
>
> plot (1:10)
> legend ({'abc'}, 'location', 2)
>
> Second test.? Are abbreviations for location allowed?
>
> clf
> plot (1:10)
> legend ({'abc'}, 'location', 'NW')
>
> I just need to know whether an error gets thrown in either case.
>
> --Rik

There is an interesting new feature of Matlab's online help. It can be
exploited to run simple tests:
Go to a page that features a "Try this example" button, e.g. [1].
Select "Try it in your browser".
Delete their example code and insert your own code.
Hit the green run button.

For your first code snippets, I get an error:
legend ({'abc'}, 'location', 2)
Error using legend

The second test succeeds.

Markus