Re: Octave contribution.

From: CROZIER Richard
Subject: Re: Octave contribution.
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2019 17:24:38 +0000

On 07/02/2019 16:42, Kai Torben Ohlhus wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 7:57 PM CHALI Anis <address@hidden
> <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:
>

>     hi we are students from paris 8 university France, we have to
>     contribute in an open source software development in our studies and
>     we chose octave.
>
>     we are looking to know if xmlread and xmlwrite still available for us?
>
>     thank you. you can contact us on any one of these mails:
>     address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>,
>     address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>,
>     address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>

If you want a more challenging but rewarding project, consider fixing
some of these bugs in Octave itself:

#53906     Cannot make an object array with square brackets

#53844: handle class: delete destructor method cannot access class
properties

#54800: Class method invocation errors

#53614: classdef properties() function not implemented

#53907     Octave does not pick up new files in +package directories
after initial load

#53900     'which' does not work for functions in packages (+package
directories)

#46849     Shadowing warning on every command for function in +package
directory

#46659     classdef: cannot create handles to functions in +package

#45404     Breakpoints cannot be set in classdef methods or +package
function files

They are all to do with Octave's implementation of classes.

There would be much gratitude from the community for this, or at least
from me!

Regards,

Richard
The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, with
registration number SC005336.