Re: [Openexr-devel] On YUV support

From: Richard Annema
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] On YUV support
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 03:04:47 +0100

Hi Billy,

Just to jump in on nomenclature, there may be a clash between that 'Z' and
the 'Z' potentially used by 3D graphics applications to indicate the
Z-Buffer.

Hopefully a more meaningful discussion between various developers can be
started at some point on exactly these issues : standardization of channel
names, definitions and formats. Mostly because I think the OpenEXR format
should not end up in a situation in which there will be a "Written-by" type
field indicating the application that wrote the OpenEXR file, with all other
applications having to look up the specifics of how said application writes
things when trying to read a file ( as suggested by somebody who shall
remain nameless ).

We'd gladly be part of such a discussion.

Kindest regards,
Richard Annema
Director of Client Relations
SplutterFish, LLC