Re: [Openexr-devel] make check failure

From: Ken McGaugh
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] make check failure
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 13:04:15 +0000

Many thanks Ciaran.  This information will be very useful.

--Ken

Ciaran Wills wrote:
 > I found plugins compiled with 2.96 work until you try to use any dynamic
type features such as exceptions or dynamic casting.  I've been using
2.95.3 for all my Shake plugins for a while now with few problems.

If it helps anyone else, I got EXR and Shake working by building both
the OpenEXR libs and the plugin with 2.95.3 and
CXXFLAGS=-fsjlj-exceptions.  To catch exceptions I use

try {
    file = new Imf::RgbaInputFile(pImageName->asString().getString());
} catch (...) {
    NRiSys::error("Error!\n");
}

Trying to catch a specific exception didn't work.  This was all on
redhat 7.3.

Ciaran.