Re: [Openexr-devel] Shake plugin checked into CVS

From: Paul Schneider
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Shake plugin checked into CVS
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 10:24:59 -0800

Yes, you need to build shake plugins with gcc 3.1 on OS X. The Xcode project sets this up for you, but it does assume you have the EXR libs installed in /usr/local/lib, and that these libraries were also built with gcc 3.1. I'm sorry - I should have included that info in a README.

It's pretty painless to build EXR with gcc 3.1 using Apple's latest developer tools:

% gcc_select 3.1
% make
% sudo make install

However, it would be nice if there was some versioning going on, so you could have gcc 3.1 and gcc 3.3 builds on the same system. Note that the EXR libs are statically linked into the shake plugin on OS X, so once you build a binary you can ship it to people and not worry about what version of the compiler they used (if any) to build their EXR libs.

- Paul