Re: [Openexr-devel] A few fixes before the 1.1.0 release

From: Drew Hess
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] A few fixes before the 1.1.0 release
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 15:34:54 -0800 (PST)

Hi Brad,

Yeah, that fix didn't make it into last night's CVS update.  I will tackle
it before the 1.1.0 release.

Florian tells me that for the SGI compiler, "restrict" made a big
difference in Imath, but nobody has really tested whether it makes any
difference with gcc, Intel icc, or Microsoft VC++, so I'm tempted just to
remove it unless someone has time to demonstrate that it's useful.  It's a
fairly nasty portability issue since we need to make OpenEXR work with at
least 4 different compilers, all of which seem to handle restrict slightly
differently (even though it's officially part of C99).

Anyway, I'll spend some more time looking at this in the next few days
when I have a chance, and see what we can do about it.

-dwh-