[Openexr-devel] .exr codec (?)

From: curt stewart
Subject: [Openexr-devel] .exr codec (?)
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 14:09:59 -0500 (EST)

Hi, I have a series of noob-ish questions:

I have an HD uncompressed camera rig (www.reel-stream.com) that uses it's own
proprietary Mac app to render out frames. The app will render out (most) any
installed Quicktime .mov or image format, I would like it to render out 16bit
frames in .exr. Since I don't have access to the source code for the app I
assume that I would need an .exr codec to output this format.

I've scoured the 'net and have found no such .exr codec for the Mac. So it
makes me wonder, does such a thing even exsist? Or if I want to ouput .exr
files, does that require working within the app itself?

If an .exr codec is the way to go, is it difficult to write such a thing under
OS X? I searched through the Apple dev forums and couldn't find any solid
examples.

Any tips would be deeply appreciated.

-curt

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com