[Openexr-devel] Saving part of an Image

From: Maciek Mostowski
Subject: [Openexr-devel] Saving part of an Image
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 16:42:51 +0200

Hi,
I'm working for Isotropix and recently we wanted to add feature to allow saving partially rendered images. This would allow us to preview rendering. In order to do so that i'm looking if it's possible to save openexr images in "append" mode. In the documentation :
http://www.openexr.com/ReadingAndWritingImageFiles-1.2.x.pdf
i found it's possible to save cropped images. In the given example only saving scanlines is mentioned. "The classes for reading scan-line-based images (InputFile and RgbaInputFile) can also be used to read tiled image files" i assume that interface for scanline image will work in the same way for writing tiled image ? How it would work afterthat? If i keep image file open and write pieces of image bit by bit will i be able to preview the image during the processe? Or if i open, write a part of an and then close it will i delete the previous data?
Thanks for hints and any insight in advance,
Maciek

--

Maciej Mostowski
Research Developer