Re: [Openexr-devel] Windows Dr.Memory and OpenEXR

From: Schoenberger
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Windows Dr.Memory and OpenEXR
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 12:54:20 +0100

Note:
I have tested 2.0.0 with Visual Leak Detector.
I did not got a crash, but you will encounter a memory leak once your app does not crash any more.

It is a known tiny memory leak in OpenExr. But it is allocated once for the whole lib and does not increase.
I have found a fix in an old post of this list. I do not know why it was not added, so I did not ask to add it as well.
Anyway, if you want to have a fix, please check this zip:
www.BinaryAlchemy.de/download/openexr-2.2.0_source_change.zip
You need the new ImfHeader files. Compare the changes or use my files if you have the same ImfHeader version as the .org one.
Recompile and use use Imf::staticUninitialize(); at the end of your app.
And if you like Imf::staticInitialize(); at the start, but that is not required, it is called anyway by the lib.

The other source files are smaller fixes as well.
ImfFastHuf to remove problems with some compiler.
And ImfSystemSpecific removed issues with some OSX compiler.

Holger Schönberger
technical director
The day has 24 hours, if that does not suffice, I will take the night