openexr-user

[Openexr-user] retrieving light informations from an exr image

From: Enrico Borrione
Subject: [Openexr-user] retrieving light informations from an exr image
Date: 02 Mar 2004 16:38:12 +0100

hi all,
new mail, old problems...
good enough my cubemap is working... just it is 8 bit converted. I think
it isn't possible to take advantage of 16 bit framebuffers 4 the
visualization part yet.
Anyway, i'd like to extract the actual light infos from the image
itself... somehow. I think my target is to get the Y part out of the rgb
half values. Is it right? the formula is Y=R*w+G*w+B*w?? Y is the light
intensity radiated from that direction?

Difficult subject for my limited brain :)

thx all!!