openoffice-extensions-discuss

[Openoffice-extensions-discuss] OpenOffice Extensions Maintainer

From: Jason Self
Subject: [Openoffice-extensions-discuss] OpenOffice Extensions Maintainer
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 00:27:38 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I'm happy to say that the FSF has accepted my offer to volunteer as the
official
maintainer of this project.

My job as maintainer is to take a lead role in developing the extension
listing,
coordinating with other volunteers who want to help and keep it up to date, and
generally leading the way.

Automation is something that I think would greatly benefit this project. There
is a free software license analysis tool at [1] that should help. Automated
license checking is not perfect but would help to reduce the amount of manual
effort that's required to maintain the list.

If you're interested in helping to automate this project's workflow please let
me know.

Thanks,
Jason

[1] http://www.fossology.org/