openpanorama-info

[Openpanorama-info] How to install the flatXML plugin

From: Mathieu VILLEGAS
Subject: [Openpanorama-info] How to install the flatXML plugin
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 15:27:19 -0500

Hello,

Maybe some persones have try to install the flatXML plugin for open office.
A little problem in the installation process has been found. If it doesn't work, read the new help file attached to this mail, and do what is writting in the WARNING section at the end of the Windows install description.

Regards

Mathieu Villegas

PS: I can't update the web site at this time because of a little problem with ssl... ;o)
This file is my own translation and summary of the original help file written
by Eric Bello you can find at:
http://www.chez.com/ebellot/ooo2sdbk/doc-flatxml/index.htm   with more help
about XML and OpenOffice

How to install FlatXMLfilter

Under Windows 2000
==================

Quit OpenOffice and OpenOffice fast start.

Deflate flatxmlfilter.zip. You have now the folder named FlatXMLfilter.
Copy this folder in the OpenOffice's root. The default one is:

C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org1.0

Verifie that you have a folder tree like that:

C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org1.0\FlatXMLfilter\Windows

Open a DOS command prompt.

Add C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org1.0\program to the environment variable Path
with doing:

set PATH=%PATH%;C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org1.0\program

It will allow access to the sal3.dll library, needed to install the filter.

Go in the  genericxmlfilter.dll library folder :

cd C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org1.0\FlatXMLfilter\Windows

Register the filter :

regcomp -register -r C:\PROGRA~1\OpenOffice.org1.0\program\applicat.rdb -c
genericxmlfilter.dll

Warning: use c:\PROGRA~1 and not c:\Program Files

If all hapends well this message appear.
Register component "genericxmlfilter.dll" in registry
"C:\PROGRA~1\OpenOffice.org1.0\program\applicat.rdb" successfull!

Now you just need to copy the file named TypeDetection.xml (it's in the
FlatXMLfilter folder) in :

C:\Program
Files\OpenOffice.org1.0\user\config\registry\instance\org\openoffice\Office

In a multi user computer (OpenOffice.org installed in "work station" mode),
this folder may be different. The folder may be :

C:\Documents and Settings\yourfoldername\OpenOffice.org1.0

So, the file must be copied to :

C:\Documents and
Settings\yourfoldername\OpenOffice.org1.0\user\config\registry\instance\org\openoffice\Office

Now you just need to restart OpenOffice.

WARNING:
========
In some systems, there is a problem, and the plugin doesn't work. To register
it correctly, just before doing the regcomp command, copy the files
FlatXMLfilter\Windows\genericxmlfilter.dll and
FlatXMLfilter\Windows\regcomp.exe in C:\Program
Files\OpenOffice.org1.0\program.(copy, not move, you must leave a copy of them
as described before).
Then go in C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org1.0\program with your command program
and do that: regcomp -register -r
C:\PROGRA~1\OpenOffice.org1.0\program\applicat.rdb -c genericxmlfilter.dll

Under Linux
===========

This install was made with Linux mandrake 8.2 adapt it to your linux version.
Close open office and open a terminal.

Deflate flatxmlfilter.zip.

> unzip flatxmlfilter.zip

You have now a folder named FlatXMLfilter.

Copy it in the OpenOffice folder.

> cp -R FlatXMLfilter /usr/lib/openoffice

Export OpenOffice environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH:

> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/openoffice/program:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

This variable will allow access to libsal.so.3 needed to install the filter.
Go in the folder where is regcomp :

> cd /usr/lib/openoffice/FlatXMLfilter/Linux

Type this command :

> regcomp -register -r applicat.rdb -c libgenericxmlfilter.so

At the end of the execution you will have this message :

register component "libgenericxmlfilter.so"
in registry "applicat.rdb" succesfull!

Now, copy the file TypeDetection.xml in your home directory like that :

> cp /usr/lib/openoffice/FlatXMLfilter/TypeDetection.xml \
~/.openoffice/user/config/registry/instance/org/openoffice/Office

Restart OpenOffice to have the filter activated.