openpanorama-info

[Openpanorama-info] New documents with first XML schema.

From: Mathieu VILLEGAS
Subject: [Openpanorama-info] New documents with first XML schema.
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 19:02:52 -0500

Dear list members.

After a long time i've used to think about this project I come back with new documents.
I've try to use all your suggestion to find the best solution.
First of all, I think that the goal of the basic openpanorama file format is only to be able to describe a simple panorama. It's first goal is to be able to convert any other panoramic file format to openpanorama one without a loss of quality. I think that if there are still corrections to do on the new documents (xml schema and xml example) it's in the good way. Secondly, I think that everybody is interrested in being able to create complex interface to allow powerfull interaction with the panorama. The simplest way to do that is to create an openpanorama user interface specification (OpenPanoramaUI xml schema) which will allow us to create slide show, configure the viewer, add buttons, etc.... Those xml data can be added in an openpanorama file (because it's XML, it just have to be added after the openpanorama data) to allow specific interface configuration for a specific panorama. With such system, a viewer which do not support OpenPanoramaUI specification but only OpenPanorama ones, will be able to open and display the panorama. Some documents about it will be available soon.

At this time, an important thing we have to work on is the scripting language and how we will be able to access panorama paremeters with it and which parameters we will be able to access. Suggestions and ideas about it are welcome. You will see in the new documents that actions for hotspots are not really defined and are juste strings. We will have to define it.

The web site is not updated at this time, but you can keep the xml schema and xml example at: http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/openpanorama/openpanorama/xml/

the xml schema is not commented at this time, but you will find all the help you need in the comments of the xml example.

I stand for your comments, suggestions and ideas.... (all ideas and suggestions are welcome)
Please send them to the mailing list.

Best regards

Mathieu Villegas