openvortex-dev

Re: [Openvortex-dev] Scatter Gather preliminary patch.

From: Matt Luckett
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] Scatter Gather preliminary patch.
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 17:11:04 -0500

Stereo still reverses, sir.  :(

Manuel Jander wrote:
Hi,

I made a patch against "alsa-driver-1.0.2c" that provides Scatter Gather
DMA and moves the source into alsa-kernel/. It compiles without trouble
with linux-2.6.3.

It does not provide the "beauty formatting" of the previous ALSA
patches, because it contains the latest driver code, not the current
ALSA code. I'm more and more thinking that the new driver code is stable
enough and that i should just drop the old one. Its too much overhead
maintaining both.

This patch implements "solution 1", since its pretty trivial. I'll take
a look at how solution 2 could be implemented. By the way, i think that
maybe just not caring about periods and just considering the whole
buffer could work too. Lets see...

Here is the patch. For those having problems on notebooks after resume,
(buffer allocation trouble), may find it useful. I suspect that it may
hopefully have some effect on speaker reversal too (not sure yet).

http://galadriel.mat.utfsm.cl/~mjander/aureal/alsa/aureal-7.patch.gz

Best Regards

Manuel