openvortex-dev

[Openvortex-dev] Re: Mo' better modem support

From: Raymond
Subject: [Openvortex-dev] Re: Mo' better modem support
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 16:37:34 +0800

ASUS L8400B notebook equipped with au8810 chip and there is a Win9x Aureal audio/modem driver for the notebook

http://usa.asus.com/download/notebook/nb-l8400b.htm

Is this kind of softmodem supported by ALSA ?

http://www.tomshardware.com/mobile/20010202/l8400b-09.html

Takashi Iwai wrote:
Hi,

I've played a bit the ac97 modem yesterday, and found out the
following problems:

1. Off-Hook switch needs manually turned on

   Shall we add a hook in pcm.modem definition for this control?

2. All controls have index 1, thus the appearance on alsamixer looks
   strange

3. There is no way to detect the modem driver from sysfs or so.

   Espeically, hda-intel driver supports both audio and modem by a
   single driver, and the modem support doesn't appear even on proc
   file explicitly.

Well, 2 is a minor problem, and we can live with that.
But others should be improved...

Any ideas?

Takashi