oroborus-user

Re: [Oroborus-user] Proposed config file format.

From: Martin Hedenfalk
Subject: Re: [Oroborus-user] Proposed config file format.
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 17:13:12 +0200

On Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 10:54:42PM +0200, Stefan Pfetzing wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just tested some things with libdotconf (apt-cache show libdotconf-dev,
> if youre using debian) and created an example config file which will be used
> with Oroborus 2.1.0. You can also use "include" and somethings libdotconf
> provides (I will write a manpage for that later).
>
> I've attached the config and I'm waiting for your comments ;))

Hi,

I would suggest a more "flat" structure. For example, the "ClickToFocus"
option should be in the "root" section and not under
General->Focus->ClickToFocus (I assume there can only be one ClickToFocus
option anyway, one Focus sub-section and one General section).

A flat structure is also easier for other parsers/writers, such as a
configuration frontend.

Another suggestion is to extend the BorderlessWindows option, and make a
section for each window, as in:

<Window xclock>
 ShowBorders No
 Sticky Yes
</Window>

<Window ickle_main>
 Sticky Yes
 InitialState Minimized # Maximized, Normal, ...
</Window>

This requires a bit more code, but could be quite useful.

Regards / Martin

--
Martin Hedenfalk <address@hidden>
Lubarsky's Law of Cybernetic Entomology: