osip-dev

Re: [osip-dev] IPv4 and IPv6

From: Aymeric Moizard
Subject: Re: [osip-dev] IPv4 and IPv6
Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 15:48:12 +0200

hi aymeric,

Hi Christoph,

does eXosip currently support to bind to IPv4 as well as IPv6 ?
or can this just be solved by using different eXosip-instances,
one for IPv4, anotherone for IPv6 ?

I think it's only possible via several eXosip_t instance.
One will be configured with EXOSIP_OPT_ENABLE_IPV6 and the other won't.

The stack has already been modified in recent version in order to have several
"transport" layer supported in the same eXosip_t, but still, this is unfinished work.

Even if there is no much code left to write, the are still some stuff to solve:
for example, some parameter are currently configured for "the transport": if
many are available, then, a developper would certainly want to configure UDP
with different settings than UDP. (one with STUN, the other without).

Additionnaly, issue will be to interoperate. I've always been highly against
the requirement to have UDP and TCP enabled in a client... ;)

If the topic is of interest to you, I'm open to discussing patch towards
supporting several transport (or ipv4 and ipv6 in same instance) within one eXosip_t.

Regards
Aymeric

br,
Christoph