palito-dev

[palito-dev] Hints for the spreading fame of palito

From: Michael Devey
Subject: [palito-dev] Hints for the spreading fame of palito
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 14:25:58 +1100

fame?  well spread atleast :)

maybe just above the source dl link you could add something like

Debian Users: make sure you have debian package libexpat1-dev installed.
(you'd be surprised how many newbie debian users don't realise you need
development files to compile code)

the other resonably simple error I have ppl report is .... (grr can't find it
and I'm not about to reproduce it - I can't restart X atm) related no not
having
Load  "dbe"
in
Section "Module"
in XF86Config-4

anyway might be time soon to have these little suggests/hints on the site?
(it is greatly discouraging when software doesn't compile first time, esp if
there is no help)

I should rebuild a debian system some time and find out exactly what one needs
to compile palito - would be good practice to getting it into debian officially
:).  Is there anyone on this list that would be better job than my tinkering?

myke