[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Pan-announce] ANN: Pan 0.12.91 "If you were in the moccasins of Peter P
[Pan-announce] ANN: Pan 0.12.91 "If you were in the moccasins of Peter Pigeonhole"
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 17:21:33 -0700
Pan 0.12.91, "If you were in the moccasins of Peter Pigeonhole",
has been released. It can be found at http://pan.rebelbase.com/
What is Pan?
Pan is a newsreader, loosely based on Agent and Gravity, which
attempts to be pleasant to use for new and advanced users alike.
It has all the typical features found in newsreaders and also
supports yEnc, offline newsreading, article filtering, multiple
connections, and a number of extra features for power users and
It's also the only Unix newsreader to get a perfect score on the
Good Net-Keeping Seal of Approval evaluations. See
http://pan.rebelbase.com/features/ for the rest of the
This version adds support for random signatures and
fixes many serious 0.12.90 bugs.
A revision number of >= 91 is used to flag this release as a beta
without confusing RPM with a name like "0.13.0-pre2".
Changes Since 0.12.90
* Random signatures can now be generated by by specifying
executable files (like fortune) as your sig file.
BUG FIXES (sorted by age)
* Fix 0.12.90 bug that crashed when reading expired articles.
Thanks to Alex Jaques for reporting this bug. (#88665)
* Fix 0.12.90 bug that caused "show all headers" to not
take effect until the next article was read.
Thanks to DevilKin for reporting this bug. (#88790)
* Fixed 0.12.0 bug the prevented the toggle "Show Group Pane",
"Show Header Pane", and "Show Body Pane" buttons from working.
Thanks to Mike Robinson for reporting this bug. (#86881)
* Fixed a handful of 0.12.90 Reply and Followup-To bugs.
Thanks to DevilKin and Laurent Duperval for reporting
these bugs. (#88010, #87854)
* Fixed 0.12.90 log message that confused the log window.
Thanks for DevilKin for reporting this bug. (#88008)
* Fixed 0.12.90 problem with "%g" and "%G" not being
substituted correctly when saving articles/attachments.
Thanks to quimvy72 for reporting this bug. (#88027)
* Fixed 0.12.0 bug that broke "add to front of queue".
Thanks to Alen Williams for reporting this bug. (#88106)
* Fixed 0.12.0 bug that crashed when editing filters from
the rule dialog. (#86215)
* Fixed 0.12.0 bug that didn't check the user's "get new
headers in subscribed groups on startup" setting. (#88255)
* Added ctrl-return back as the shortcut for "send now".
Looks like this got dropped by accident in 0.12.0.
Thanks to Laurent Duperval for reporting this. (#88386)
* Fixed minor 0.11.90 bug. When the user clicks on a line,
the radiobutton on that line is supposed to select itself.
* Fixed obscure 0.9.x bug in marking groups articles read
that could munge the unread article count.
* Fixed long-standing bug that caused Pan to download only
a subset of bodies, when getting bodies for all headers.
Thanks to Si for reporting this. (#72555)
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- [Pan-announce] ANN: Pan 0.12.91 "If you were in the moccasins of Peter Pigeonhole",
Charles Kerr <=