pan-announce

[Pan-announce] ANN: Pan 0.14.2.90 "A Bouquet of Corpses"

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: [Pan-announce] ANN: Pan 0.14.2.90 "A Bouquet of Corpses"
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 13:09:47 -0800

Hmm, it's well past time for a new Pan beta.  Tarballs are up now,
and I'll hold off the freshmeat/gnome-apps announcement until Monday
to give the RPM builders a chance to do their magic.

Also, is Fedora significantly different from RH9 that we need a new
set of RPMs for it, or will RH9 RPMs be sufficient?

cheers,
Charles

-----

Nov 28, 2003 - New Release:

0.14.2.90 - "A Bouquet of Corpses"

http://pan.rebelbase.com/download/releases/0.14.2.90/

What is Pan?

  Pan is a newsreader which attempts to be pleasing to both new and experienced

  users. In addition to the standard newsreader features, Pan also supports

  yEnc, offline newsreading, article filtering, multiple connections, and more

  features for power users and alt.binaries fans.

  It's also the only Unix newsreader to get a perfect score on the Good

  Net-Keeping Seal of Approval evaluations.

About 0.14.2.90

  This release adds Perl-compatable regular expression support, "Manual Decode"

  for decoding arbitrary sets of articles, and the inevitable bugfixes.

Changes since 0.14.2

                                   New Features

|---------+----------------+-------------------------------------------------|
  | #122078 | Carl Hudkins   | Pan now uses Perl-Compatable Regular
|
  |         |                | Expressions.

                                    Usability

  |         |                | When expanding a multipart subthread, show the
|
  | #119543 | Torstein Sunde | top article's real line count, rather than the
|
  |         |                | sum of all lines in the multipart.

                                    Bug Fixes

  | #121040 | haleykd           | Fixed regression test for Windows build

                                     Config