pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Feature requests

From: Rob McDonald
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Feature requests
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 20:51:57 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 20 Mar 2002, Charles Kerr wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 19, 2002 at 10:24:25PM +0100, Hans Verkuil wrote:
> > The second feature request is less important, just something to make things
> > bit easier: when downloaded attachments of a set of messages I want to
> > continue with other groups while the download takes place in the
> > background.
> > You can tell Pan to reserve a connection for reading messages, but you
> > cannot
> > use that same reserved connection for downloading the latest headers.
> > Instead
> > you have to wait until one of the background downloads has finished. A
> > checkbox 'Also use reserved connection to download new headers' is just
> > what
> > I'd like to see.
>
> I agree that connection reservations needs improvement but I'd like to see
> more discussion on this here on pan-users... does anyone else like this idea
> or have different suggestions?

 I'd find this useful. It might be useful to allow the user to push ALL
 downloads smaller than some size to the foreground connection.

 Since we're talking about download options, I'd like to be able to auto-sort
 the queue by date posted. If you've got a server with a shortish
 retention, this would give you the best chance to get everything you
 wanted.