pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Feature request: Edit->Copy menu item in main PAN windo

From: Himanshu J. Gohel
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Feature request: Edit->Copy menu item in main PAN window.
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 22:28:34 -0800

Charles Sullivan wrote:

> Having the ability to copy a highlighted block of text in a
> newsgroup article to the Gnome clipboard with an Edit->Copy menu
> item would be a useful feature for PAN.

I agree with you that Pan should support the standard cut/copy/paste
menu items and keyboard shortcuts.  However:

> different Gnome application.  Although the block can currently be
> captured simply by highlighting with the mouse, when pasted (by
> clicking mouse button #2) into a window containing existing text,
> it's usually not pasted at the cursor position.

Pan (and maybe it's Gnome) is following standard X11 conventions for
copy/paste, i.e. the pasting occurs where you click with the mouse
pointer, not where the insert position is.  Ofcourse, they can be the
same location as long as you point your mouse over the current insert
position.

--
Himanshu Gohel, mailto:address@hidden