pan-users

[Pan-users] weird observation when deleting quickly...

From: Chris
Subject: [Pan-users] weird observation when deleting quickly...
Date: 02 Apr 2002 17:24:47 -0800

call me lazy, or that I don't like to use the mouse much..

anyway, I often like to delete articles by holding down the delete key
and stopping when I've deleted what I want to delete..  This used to
work just fine, but sometime recently (in the .11 branch, I think) it
started acting weird (I just hadn't bothered to report it)..  anyway,
when I hold down the delete key, instead of simply grabbing the articles
the way they're presented in the window, the selection seems to jump
around, going up and down in relation to where it was before.  This
makes it very hard to guess when to stop, since sometimes it'll jump out
ahead of where I want to stop and delete an article that I want to keep.

a similar thing happens in the task manager when I select a BUNCH of
messages and then use the "move one space up/down" button a bunch
quickly...  the selection gets broken up as if I click the button before
all of the messages are moved, and it then forgets to continue moving
them before applying the next button-click's command (leaving gaps in
the selection where non-selected articles appear instead of having been
moved to the top/bottom of the selection)...

minor annoyances, but since pan is approaching a full release, I thought
I'd bring them up.

-Chris