pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Saving articles

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Saving articles
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 18:03:39 -0800

On Sat, Apr 06, 2002 at 08:37:22PM -0500, Haines Brown wrote:
> Brian,
>
> > > Exactly. This is precisely what does not work. I select an article (it
> > > is highlighted in dark blue upper right quadrant and displayed so I
> > > can read it lower right quadrant), and then enter Ctl-s. The Save
> > > Attachments As... dialog pops up. Since the message has no
> > > attachments, nothing gets saved.
> >
> > I -think - the best to save article bodies is to Forward by email them to
> > yourself. Look in the "post" menu.
>
> That I've had to do, but not only is it inefficient, but obviously
> that's not the way things are supposed to work. Surely everyone
> somehow manages to Save messages As... without going to the trouble of
> emailing themselves and then saving as... a second time.
>
> That a Save Attachments dialog pops up instead of a Save Message
> dialog is either a bug or an improper procedure on my end. Since no
> one has suggested it is a bug, I must be doing something wrong.

This came about because people liked the `save attachment' dialog
more than the standard gtk save dialog that was used for saving
text articles, so I merged the two together -- the dialog has an
option for saving the article text, and a separate option for
saving attachments.  Clearly I should've renamed the dialog's
title when I merged the two functions...

Chris has already fixed this title in CVS.  Chris, you are the
wind beneath my wings. :)