pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] A couple more "Save Article" UI questions

From: James Hawtin
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] A couple more "Save Article" UI questions
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 03:02:12 +0000 (GMT)

On Sun, 7 Apr 2002, jef wrote:

> > Does anyone actually use the `Save Articles' button?
> > AFAICT it's mostly useless, everyone uses `Save Attachments'
> > or `Save Articles As...'
>

>       I don't... generally, if I'm going to save something, it's usually just
> part of an article - and it would get pasted into a different file
> anyhow.
>       James made a good point where some encodes may be slightly corrupt, and
> having this feature could come in handy. However, I don't have much use
> for it in the contextual menu list.

I must agree I think I have used it twice! Perhaps we could have like sub
menus? If it was on a sub menu it could be save "thread". I do think for
new users ever feature available should be on a menu somewhere, is a
major plus, hell, I didn't knwo how to "view headers". But it  seems a bit
pointless for a major item. Hmmm perhaps text users might disagree with
me? If so please say so!

James