pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Extra Quote Chars?

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Extra Quote Chars?
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 09:32:44 -0700

On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 10:25:56PM +0200, Colin Leroy wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Apr 2002 12:19:14 -0700 (PDT) Benjamin Esham
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > I am using pan 0.11.2.91.  I often use pan for
> > programming NGs, and I have '}' set as a quote
> > character.  When someone posts this:
> [...]
> > When I remove '}' from the quote chars list, the extra
> > bracket goes away.  Is there any way to suppress the
> > extra one?  TIA.
>
> Hello,
> Could you send a NG / Message-ID where I could see this ? I just tried
> colorized, but no extra bracket for me :-/

I'll second the request for an example.

Benjamin, if you have line wrapping turned on (it's in the View menu),
turn it off when reading source code.  If there were a lot of spaces or
a long comment after the closing '}', Pan may have wrapped that extra text
and added a new '}' because Pan thought '}' at the front of the line was
the poster's way of saying `this line is quoted'.

If the colorization of '}' bothers you, you can take it out of the
these-are-quotation-characters list via Edit|Preferences.

cheers,
Charles