pan-users

[Pan-users] Which Application?

From: Robert Tilley
Subject: [Pan-users] Which Application?
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 19:21:53 -0500

I have read and archived (not yydecoded and saved to disk, but merely saved
within the newsbase) several articles which are yEnc'oded.  When I ask Pan to
save them to disk (shift-S) it only shows that hard disk icon (stack of green
circles) next to them.  When I save articles from another group to disk, the
floppy disk icon shows next to the titles.

I deduce from this that the articles that can be uudecoded are processed and
saved to disk.  The articles from the other group which are yEnc'ed are not,
as they can never be successfully decoded.

I run a Debian unstable box and use Pan 0.11.2.  I have tried to compile Pan
0.11.2.91 but have been unsuccessful.  That's a story for another time.

I believe that if I could define a preference in Pan to always use uudecode
for uuencoded files but to use yydecode for  yEnc'ed files that this problem
could be avoided.  Perhaps I have to simplistic a view of Pan but I think I
should be able to define what programs that Pan would use as utilities
(uudecoding, uuencoding, yenc'ing, etc.).
--
Thank you for any comments or information!

Robert Tilley, address@hidden